Sunday, June 11, 2017

Easing into Summer

Our town has a big Memorial Day weekend festival and parade, and just like previous years (2013, 2016), we enjoyed it to the max.

Andrew loaded up his backpack and arms with toys for the walk there, just in case he got bored. 

 The rides were awesome.



And Allison and I walked in the parade with her Girl Scout troop.


The next weekend, Allison's school also had an end of the year picnic with bounce houses and food trucks.  We even ran into friends who don't go to her school yet; she enjoyed chatting with one of their dads.


Besides school and Girl Scout events, we haven't been doing much. Jonathan made the mistake of using a pillowcase that Allison made, so the kids took it upon themselves to hide his pillow.  They were shocked that we could find it.


 We've been getting our naps in...


and playing at the local splash park. 

I have a cold and I'm working on getting the kids to take care of me.  Allison brought me a "bubble water" and Andrew brought me a blanket.  But, Andrew then took the blanket back because he too was chilly.  It's a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment