Monday, June 30, 2014

Field Trip and Sleep Over

Allie has had a fun week.

On Friday, her class went on a field trip to a local park with a train and a carousel.  She had a great time riding the school bus and playing with all her friends.  Since we're only a week out from her baby brother's arrival, I'm really glad that I was able to chaperone the trip.  She was so happy to see me waiting when her bus pulled up to the park that it totally made lugging my 9-month pregnant self around worth it.  Allie kept going up to strangers and telling them "This is my mommy and she has a baby in her belly" as if they couldn't tell.

Holding on with two hands all by herself

Then on Saturday, she had a sleepover with her BFF Abby.  They had a great time.  Allie got to stay up late, eat chocolate ice cream with sprinkles, have her nails painted, and play in the pool.  What more could a girl ask for?  On the drive home the next morning, Allie declared "I'm going to have a sleepover with Abby again soon! I'll eat LOTS of sprinkles!"

  

It's amazing to me how much Allie is using her right hand without prompting.  She is still so proud to show me whenever she's doing something with Righty, but I love it even more when she just uses Righty and doesn't think anything of it.  We're pretty darn lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment