Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fun at the park


There is a park near our house that Allie loves and we bring her there for some good therapeutic play whenever we can.  There are several sets of equipment for all different levels of kids.  The first time we went there, I was so impressed because it is largely handicapped accessible with subtle ramps so kids with disabilities can play right along with typical kids.  I remember thinking to myself, 'how did I never think about accessible playgrounds?'  Allie has changed my perspectives in many ways.  

At the park, there is is a big hill down to a stream.  It is really steep. Before Botox, she had a hard time walking up it because her right ankle couldn't flex enough and the more she tried the stiffer her leg got.  It was very frustrating for her.  We walk up the hill now every time we go to the park and, while she still doesn't love it, she seems to be getting more confident.  Plus, the stream at the bottom of the hill is enough of a pull to get her down and then the playground on top is enough to get her back up.  I love it.

I woke up this morning to these great photos from Jonathan.  


Allie also found a big pile of leaves.  Look at her playing with both hands! 


1 comment:

  1. She is adorable. And both hands are busy! I love the one with her holding the oak leaf right in front of her face. Love from Gama

    ReplyDelete