Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Family Fun


The past few days have been a whirlwind of fun family visits.  Mikko finished up his two weeks with us and Allie and I brought him to the airport on Saturday.  We were all sad to see him go but we quickly perked up because Allie's Gama, Auntie Sam, and Cousin Louie were coming into town just a few hours later.

Can you believe how big Louie is already?  I'm proud to say that Louie pulled up to standing for the first time in our living room!


It was great to see all of them. 

Early Monday morning, Allie and I left for an impromptu trip to California.  I got a chance to attend a conference for work in the Bay Area and Mikko and my sister Hannah kindly agreed to babysit Allie so that she could come too.  We just booked our plane tickets last week so I didn't even have a chance to freak out about traveling alone with her. Luckily for me, she was a great traveler and we arrived safe and sane last night. 

Allie was so excited to see Mikko ("Mimi" as she calls him).  My mom gave her a couple squirt guns and Allie mischievously sat in her car seat with a squirt gun in each hand and kept saying "Hello Mimi..."  I think she had some evil plans brewing for those squirt guns.  When we finally got to the house, she was beyond giddy to see all the toys and trains that she got to play with.  She would burst out laughing every time Mikko looked at her.

Today is Day 1 of Allie babysitting for Hannah and Mikko.  I hope everything goes well and can't wait to see her tonight!  

No comments:

Post a Comment