Friday, April 26, 2013

Daycare Picnic


Allie's daycare had a picnic today and Allie had a lot of fun.  She liked pushing around the little cart shown above.  She kept telling me to get in.  Look at how great Righty looks!  Allie also played with the hula hoop and all the balls that we scattered around.

There was one really weird moment when I overheard someone ask an older kid's dad how his son's tone was doing.  He responded saying that his son is doing a better job of getting his heels down when he walks.  I looked over at the kid and he is was completely toe walking, which is really common with cerebral palsy.  I introduced myself, apologized for eavesdropping, and explained that we deal a lot with muscle tone too.  He stared at me blankly.

"What are you talking about?"
"Oh, I'm sorry.  I just heard the word 'tone' and thought I'd introduce myself because we deal with it a lot with Allie's cerebral palsy."
"Hmmm... we don't deal with tone.  Nope."
"Oh... OK.  I must have misheard."   
"Yeah."
"OK.  Well, Allie had a stroke and when she walks, she is a little on her toes."
"Ummm... nothing is wrong with him.  My son is just big for his age and his legs can't keep up."

At this point he starts looking awkwardly around and backing away from me.  Totally not what I was going for.

After the picnic, we headed home and Allie got a big kick out of wearing my sunglasses around.  Here is another long video of her wandering around the house.

video

No comments:

Post a Comment