Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Food Fight


Grandma Bets came to visit today and Allie was being as mischievous as possible.  During dinner, she threw all of her food across the table.  Betsy's poor phone was covered in pasta by the end of the evening and I found a few rogue cheese pieces that made it all the way into the kitchen.

We're still trying to figure out how to discipline this girl.  Two problems: (1) she is too darn cute; (2) she seems to really like time out.  The cuteness thing is something that we just have to get over, even though her cocked head grin melts my heart.  The timeout thing is another struggle.  We've put her in a chair and the corner and she giggles while diligently examining the wall.  We put her in her high chair in the middle of the room and she has a song-less dance party.  I think she knows that we really want her to be unhappy with timeout and I think she's faking her enjoyment because she knows that it takes the seriousness out of it.

In other news, I think I've found out why she has been outrageously grumpy the past week.  Her back molars are popping through.

No comments:

Post a Comment