Thursday, February 21, 2013

Check Up

Allie had her two year well visit today and it was great.  Here are her current stats:

Height: 34.5" (67th percentile)
Weight: 24 lbs 8 oz (20.5th percentile)

How does she still not weigh 25 lbs?

The best part of the appointment was that we got a copy of her developmental pediatrician's report.  Here is my favorite snippet:

"IMPRESSION: The patient was a delightful and engaging 23-month-old toddle with... good cognitive and language development and is doing a number of tasks that are above her chronologic age.  She has a number of skills ranging from 2 to 2-1/2 years of age.  The patient is receiving appropriate early intervention services and is attending a typical daycare because she has such good language and good pretend play skills."

Woot woot!

Last year when Allie was in the height of her seizures, I got in a fight with the pharmacy manager at her pediatrician's office.  This woman was so rude that I ended up leaving in tears and filing a formal complaint against her.  I went to pick up Allie's Trileptal refill today and I had to talk to this woman.  She asked if I remembered her and I tried to just blow it off.  She then proceeded to remind me of our encounter by describing it like this: "Remember, you wanted the non-generic medicine and we wouldn't give it to you.  You went all (*cue arm waving like a wind puppet in front of an electronics store*) as if the world was going to end."  I stared blankly at her and said "My daughter was having seizures and I couldn't get the right medication from her pharmacy for her.  It did feel like the world was ending."  I really dislike her.    

OT, PT, doctor's appointment,  blood work,
and an hour at the pharmacy make for a very sleepy girl

1 comment: