Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

 
Today marks Jonathan's second Father's day with our darling little Allie.  He was greeted in bed with sleepy-eyed Allie carrying a Father's Day card and then got a new coupon book full of get out of chore or do fun things slips.

Jonathan then went for a jog while I made homemade Dutch Baby pancakes, sausage, hand-dipped white chocolate covered strawberries, assorted fruits, and coffee.  It was all pretty delicious, if I do say so myself.

In honor of our fathers, I would like to take the opportunity to share some photos of our own dads.


My Dad, Dave
Dancing at my wedding


My dad and me when I was about 1 year old

Boating


Boating with one of the kids.  By looks alone, I am guessing that this is my older brother Jason but I'm not sure.

Snow ball fight in Salt Lake City with my little brother Mikko.  I think Mikko is shoving a snow ball down our dad's pants.

Allie's first visit with Granpa.


Jonathan's Dad, Tom  
Tom and little Jonathan

Tom (center) with his granddaughter Erika and his friends Al (left) and Pete (right).

Jonathan and Tom at the airport on Jonathan's way to a Boyscout trip.  Dr Ahlberg, who was Jonathan's scout master, and his son Brady are on the right.

Starting at Jonathan (top left) and going clockwise, Tom, Joanthan's brother-in-law Joel, and Joel's sons Noah and Elliot.
Tom and Jonathan at Jonathan's college graduation.
Tom and his grandson Noah

2 comments:

  1. Nice tribute to the Dads, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonathan and Michelle , I loved all the photos. Who needs Hallmark in order to send the very best. Jonathan, I've watched you grew into a wonderful, loving father these past 16 months. I was there for some of the best parts and some of the tough times too. You were there for all of it. Dad and I are so proud of you! Love to all three of you...Mom

    ReplyDelete