Wednesday, May 30, 2012

New Word and New Righty Moves

On the way to daycare today, Allie debuted her new word: tree.  She pointed to a tree and declared "teeee!"  Then, every tree got the point and the "teeee!"  I was ridiculously excited and she was very proud of herself.  

I then had a parent-teacher conference and all of her teachers said that she is making fantastic progress in all ways.  They also had some new ideas to encourage her walking; she will now be getting an additional teacher to assist her in walking out to the playground instead of hitching a ride in the stroller.  I think it will be great motivator for her because she LOVES the playground.

Tomorrow is Allie's last day of constraint therapy and I am going to go ahead and call the whole thing a success.  We were doing her homework tonight and Allie figured out how to release an object. This is the first time that she has ever done this!  I never could figure out why Allie could open her hand to grasp something but couldn't open it to let the object go.  Well, now I don't need to wonder about it anymore.  Watch Allie drop her apple puzzle piece in the box without thinking anything about it.  She helped me put away of her puzzle pieces.




No comments:

Post a Comment