Thursday, May 3, 2012

Big Developmental Day

Today was a big day for me (and I am sure that she is going to hate me for this photo later) because Allie pooped in her potty!  We are very proud.  I never thought that I would be so happy to clean up someone else's poop.


After her potty victory, she started playing with her wooden ball set.  She started off putting the green ball in the red spot and then the blue ball in the blue spot.  


She then moved the green ball into the green spot.


Then, she finished it off and put the red ball in the red spot!  Hooray Allie!


I then took the balls out for Allie to try again.  Below was her not quite as impressive success.  One of these things is not like the other...  I don't think the black cat puzzle piece quite fits there but two of three is pretty good.


With her new found ball sorting skills, she put the green ball in the green ring.


The one big developmental skill that we have been working on is stacking blocks.  Her special instructor (cognitive play therapist) said that stacking was the only age-appropriate thing that she was not doing.  Well, today she figured it out:


And then she did it again...


And again... 


We are two very proud parents!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should blow up the wooden ball set photo with the black plastic cat and put it on the wall. I LOVE that shot. Allie's not in that shot but she's totally there!

    ReplyDelete