Thursday, March 15, 2012

Grandma Bets Visits!

Grandma Bets came to visit and Allie was so happy to see her! Allie even raised both her arms in celebration. She was waving Righty all around and chatting it up. She was excited to show Grandma Bets how well she stands (left) and how well she grabs things with both hands (below).

Her right arm movement has really taken off. She was raising both hands above her head, playing with her food with her right hand, and trying to put things into Righty.

Every time she does something new, I think about that first night after her pediatrician said that she suspected that Allie had cerebral palsy. I never thought any of this would be possible. I remember watching scary YouTube videos of CP kids and being totally devastated about this horrible diagnosis. My image of CP has changed dramatically. Before, I thought CP meant that she wouldn't be able to walk, wouldn't be able to have a normal life. With every little bit of progress she makes, I celebrate how far we have come. I know I say this a lot but she is such an amazing girl and we are so lucky to have her.




Allie's BFF Abby's sister Samantha is on spring break from college and is babysitting for us while Jonathan and I try to catch up on all the work that has been piling up since she has been out of daycare. Today was super cute: When I got home from work, Samantha was streaming kids music from her phone and Allie was rocking out. I think Allie really enjoys the company.

She is always adorable and amazing but some days she just melts my heart like I never knew possible. Last night, when I got home from work she was so happy to see me that she just snuggled and cooed on my chest. She was smiling and giggling at me. I loved it.

Tonight, Jonathan and I crept into her room to look at her (like we often do) and she was in a bizarre position. She had taken off her socks and thrown them in different directions, she was on top of Penny the bunny, her blanket was in a big ball, and she was completely asleep. I'm a sucker for her.





Allie has two and a half more weeks until daycare starts again. We cannot wait. I am so excited for her to see her friends and get a normal schedule going. We try our best to be entertaining but nobody can compete with 5 toddlers and a few great teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment