Thursday, February 16, 2012

Our Not-So-Little Baby

Jonathan and I broke down and ordered a new carseat yesterday. It turns out that our little baby is not so little anymore!

She just had her 12-month checkup and here are her stats:

Height: 29 3/4 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 23 lbs 3 ounces (81th percentile)
Head Circumference: 86th percentile

We definitely have a big baby. Just look at the difference between her now (left) and when she was just over a month (below).

It is strange because I know she has gotten bigger but she still looks like the same little baby to me. I always heard parents talk about how their grown children are still there babies; now I get it.

In other news, yesterday was day #6 of no seizures. She has a little bit of a stuffy nose that we are keeping an eye on because the ACTH lowers her immune system. And, we start the wean down of the ACTH today. Allie will only be getting one shot a day from now on.

I think she is understanding a lot more of what we are saying than we give her credit for. Today, she was whining and we asked her what she wanted: she signed for milk. We asked her how big the baby is: she raised her right arm to show us ("Soooooooo big!"). We said bye and she waved. I can't wait until she can say more.

No comments:

Post a Comment